Friday 7 November 2014

Some images I took today following a chat about the direction my photography is going in


After having quite a positive chat today about some photographs I had taken I took my camera out when my youngest son and I went to buy some chocolate and coffee.  There are also photographs here of my kids at home.  The point is that you don't need to anywhere far or exotic or exciting. There are photographs to be had where-ever you are. I am really enjoying black & white at the moment and I have been looking at two photographers whose work is fairly low key, or exposed on the lower side (to be written up soonish!)

One of the other things that was discussed was editing - i.e. not putting just any junk out there but carefully choosing images.  This is something that takes time, I'm sure and begins to make more sense once you've got quite a decent archive of images behind you, know where you're putting them or what you're doing with them.  I'm not sure what I'm doing with these. I may use them in a family album.  I may print them.  I don't know.  For now - it is enough for me that I am taking them in the first place.  That reminds me I must write up the talk I went to on archiving and what a personal archive means to photographers.












No comments:

Post a Comment